Please send cover letters and resumes to Recreation Coordinator, email@example.com indicating which position you are applying for. We appreciate all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Little Learners Assistant Instructor
HOURS: Monday – Thursday 8:40am – 3:00pm & Friday 8:40am – 12:10pm + 15 floating hours each year
HOURLY RATE: $11.60/hour
TERM: Contract from September – June
- Create an environment that is safe, clean and welcoming.
- Provide materials for children that will give them the opportunity to learn, be successful and grow as individuals.
- Maintain a positive relationship with parents and guardians of participants
- Prepare quality programs that meets the appropriate development needs of the children and is in accordance with the Centre’s policies, procedures and guidelines
- Daily implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Set-up classroom and gym for children resulting in an environment that will be welcoming with the various age appropriate toys and activities.
- Provide positive child guidance.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Assisting with daily planning and implementation consisting of a mixture of structured and unstructured activities
- Ensure volunteers follow organizational guidelines (re: conduct, attire etc.)
- Accepts the leadership role in absence of the Little Learner Instructor
- Refer new registrants to the Little Learner Instructor
- Provides written reports as requested by their supervisor.
- Responsible for reporting on a minimum bi-weekly and as-needed basis to supervisor
- Responsible for working from a team-work perspective, contributing constructively to staff meetings, events and trainings
- Responsible for providing quality and friendly customer service to patrons, programs and services and to visitors to the Centre
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Standard First Aid and CPR C
- PRO – High 5 Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Police Record Check
- Good organizational skills, good communication and the ability to build rapport with participants
- Flexible work hours
- 1-3 years of experience in programming with children and families preferred
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Self-directed team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Program Leader
We are currently seeking After School Program Leaders to join our team!
Leaders are responsible for leading a daily program of active sports, games and activities for children ranging in grades 1-6.
Monday – Thursday (2:45 – 5:45pm)
Check out the HVNA After School Program Application 2015 2016 for further employment details.